Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blog Entry 5-20-2010

(continued from Face Book)

Next, Plan--decide what you will do and what you will stop doing to make room for the "Do." And finally, deliver the plan with Action.

We are all dreamers. The difference between those that reach their dreams and those that don't is a goal with a plan. Successful people set goals and develop a plan of action that will take them to their dreams. Dreamers are just that, dreamers. They survive life in mediocrity and never realize that their dreams are only as far away as a plan to get them there. Planning will include several smaller and readily attainable goals. Each little goal reached is another step closer to our dreams. So Dream Big, set lofty goals, plan small achievable goals as stepping stones toward your ultimate dream, and then get off your couch and go into Action. "How do you eat an elephant? - One bite at a time." It is the same with dreams and goals; one small step at a time. Go for it. Reach for the stars and beyond. You can achieve it.

MY DIVING:

The weather is really getting warm up here in Minnesota. It looks like we'll be heading out for Lake Wazee again this weekend for some great diving. My dive buddy has to get used to his dry suit, so we'll be working on getting his weight dialed in and trimmed so when we hit the Great Lakes later in the summer, he'll be ready.

I have my pictures from Cozumel. I'll get them posted in an album on Face Book. Watch for it in the very near future.

MY FAITH:

I am working on developing a better relationship with my God. I talk to Him every day. I complain about different things in my live; I thank Him for the blessing I have in my life; I just talk to Him like any other friend. I ask Him for things I would like to have and ask for His guidance in getting them. I listen for the answer and sometimes it just doesn't com when "I" want it to. I know my timetable is irrelevant when it comes to God, but I still ask and I still expect it to happen. I'm trying to learn patience. I have found that the answer sometimes comes when you least expect it and in ways you never thought of.

I'm also learning to read the Bible. I don't mean that sarcastically or in a light manner or literally, I mean that there are messages in the Bible from my God that answer a lot of my questions and wants. I'm finding it is essential to spend time in scripture. The Bible is like God's megaphone for us. In Hebrews 4:12-13 the Word of God is described as "living" and "active". If you want to hear God's voice in every aspect of your life, then you need to spend time in the Word, because scripture provides balance, confirmation, and direction.

Many times a scripture will hold the actual answer you're looking and waiting for. If you're praying about a conflict in your life and are not sure how to deal with it, try reading Matthew 5; "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Listen with your heart and your mind and your soul, the voice of God is all around us all the time.

Page 2: Our New Venture - You need to check this page
Page 3: The Bead Asylum
Page 4: Spirit of the Eagle Jewelry and More on eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment