Wednesday, April 7, 2010

7 April 2010

Wow, it's Wednesday already. Well, OK, it's almost Thursday now but it's still Wednesday.

I thought I would start putting a thought for you to ponder in my blog each day. Some of them are old and have been around a while, but they still give you pause to wonder. So here goes: Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they know there is no money in the account?

I got my bicycle out today, didn't ride very much, too windy. But I did get the chain and derailers lubed so it's all ready to go. It felt good to be riding. I'll have to build up some stamina, I'm really out of shape from the winter. We usually get some diving in in Jan, Feb, and Mar, but not this year. Not enough ice in Jan, too cold in Feb and then it warmed up and the ice went below minimum thickness. That really bites. I love ice diving. It is so gorgeous under the ice I don't know how to describe it. You have to experience it to appreciate the absolute beauty. You don't even notice the water temp when your down.

Spent some time today working with a new beading project. I design and create little critters with safety pins and beads. I have a series of cats called Chubby Kittys, I have a series of bunnys called Chubby Bunnys, I have a Leprechaun complete with his Pot 'O Gold, I have Pilgrims, an Owl (going to add more to this one), and an entire family of Snow Persons - Papa, Mama, Baby Boy and Baby Girl. I'm working on a Beaver and a Squirrel. I'm also finishing up the design and pattern for a three-masted pirate ship. This is one very large project! About 16 inches tall and about 20 inches long. Lots of beads and pins. I have a website specifically for these projects; it's called The Bead Asylum - the place to go when the world drives you crazy. www.thebeadasylum.com if you want to check it out. It is a work in progress so new stuff gets added frequently.

We have a Wii at home and love the bowling and the billiards. I bowled a nice series tonight: 222, 171, 247. Don't know what happened the second game but just couldn't hit the pocket. I won at Billiard too. I refuse to play against CJ in the shooting, she kicks my butt every time. We're pretty even at the golf and she rocks at Baseball and Table Tennis - I suck at both.

I started the Wii Fit program today, so I'll keep you updated with my progress. The step is fun, except I'm always going the wrong direction. I keep falling over in the Yoga so I'm hoping that gets a lot better. I guess when you're diving you don't necessarily need good balance. The water does that for you. Got to fix that.

I hope you all have a good night and I hope you'll all check back tomorrow.

Check out my other pages too.

No comments:

Post a Comment